Castings Manufactured in UK.
At Industrial Friction Materials have the capacity to produce castings manufactured in both Aluminium and Copper based alloys, as well as Iron & Steel castings ranging from 1 gram to over a ton. We have extensive knowledge and experience in various types of casting and are a respected supplier of castings manufactured in the UK. Whether it is a one-off brake shoe or obsolete part, small batch or production run, we have expertise to meet your requirements and can work effectively to deadlines and production schedules.
All castings manufactured at Industrial Friction Materials are precision made to the highest standard and are used in commercial vehicles, aircraft, and a wide range of industries including Rail, Steel production & processing, Shipping etc . Our castings are all manufactured in the UK and meet all current regulations so you can be assured of the best quality.. We are able to deliver to customers locally, throughout the UK, Europe and around the world.
Precision Sand Castings
This process is suitable for all types of casting alloys and ranging from 1 offs to several hundred off.
This process can be used for prototyping of die casting or investment casting as it is fast with low cost tooling.
We can supply low cost silicon moulds for samples or low volume parts or higher volumes using metal tooling.
Full traceability & certification available.
Die casting, either Gravity or Pressure
Centrifugal & Shell mouldings
- Full patternmaking & tooling manufactured whichever casting process is used.
- Existing patterns & tooling can be used if available reducing costs of moving suppliers.
- 24 hour turnaround available for the urgent job with no tooling costs if a sample is provided.
- This sample may be a worn out or broken part or simply a sample of what is required.
- We can use this to produce a low quantity of sand castings, even adding material where necessary to allow for machining allowances & shrinkage.
- This saves the cost of a new pattern if only a very few castings are required and can be delivered within 24 hours of receiving the sample part.
- We are a fully independent UK supplier, not tied to the restrictions of one UK foundry, so we are able to give you at least three competitive quotes where necessary.
We are regularly supplying castings for Aircraft engine machining centres, Formula 1 hospitality, Rail restoration projects, Fork lift trucks, Motorcycle & car restoration, Nuclear power stations, High street Boutiques just to name just a few.
We have customers who just require a 1 off casting and others who have regular scheduled orders, all are catered for.
Full machining, conventional & CNC, fabrication, polishing & finishing available.